MOT Testing in Dunkeld
BVS 4x4 specialises in Four-Wheel-Drive and SUV repairs, but we also provide MOT testing for a wide range of vehicle makes and models.
An annual MOT test is a legal requirement for every car over 3 years old. The test includes standardised emissions and road safety tests, to make sure that every vehicle on the road is safe and environmentally friendly to drive.
If your car fails its MOT test, it will sometimes qualify for a partial re-test. This means that any individual faults can be rectified, before a re-test ensures that they have been brought back to testing standards. A vehicle may only receive one re-test for each failed full MOT test it undergoes.
The MOT Test
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension - general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers.
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
- lamps, rear fog.
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
*This list is not exhaustive